Sunday, October 11, 2015

Blog Entry No. 8


My Family and My Neighbors Family





       Hello everyone! You can see my family picture above. I have my beautiful mom, my uncle and tita together with their 2 children lives with us, also with my grandma and grandpa. We are extended, because there is this saying that the more, the merrier. My grandma and grandpa has a farm, so they spend most of their time there. My mother is in-charge in our small sari2x store. I have two tita’s working overseas and they are the ones that sustains all the things that we need especially in my studies. My family likes to travel in some places especially on balik-bukid. Every summer, we always spend our time in Paradaise Island. We have a strong-family-ties. We are open about the things that hurt our feelings, or what makes our day great, and shares to every member of our family the past happenings that occur. They are supportive in times that I needed them the most. They love me as who I am because this is me, and that makes me real. They are my everyday fuel because everytime I keep on thinking on quiting college, they motivate me to strive hard to achieve my dreams. They are the people who I can count too and never fails to make me feel their presence.







On the other hand, this is my neighbors family. The one who is wearing a black shirt is my bestfriend Allea.(got her full permission to use the photo) She has 2 older sisters that already finished their college degree and have a stable job. Her mom is a government agent. Her father passed away 2 years ago due to cancer. Allea's family is like my family too.

So what's the difference of my family in the family of my bestfriend?
I think in terms of norms inside their household. In culture too! They are Ilocano and we are Cebuanos. In their designated jobs and roles inside their house. Also, the number of occupants and their means of living (income, job, and position)

But what are the similar ones too?
The similarities between my family and Allea's family is that we both believe in one God, family-oriented and despite of the conflict schedules that we have, they are like BDO which they find ways to have time with us and they are responsible parents to us.We are so lucky for God has given me and Allea everything that we need.

Therefore, families are the ones that when you stumble and fall, they will not keep you in failing, but helps you to be brave enough to stand in ones feet.


Ad Majorem De Gloriam. . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment